- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Trim both ends off zucchini; cut in half lengthwise. Cut a thin slice off the backs so each half sits flat. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Finely chop the pulp; set aside.
- Sprinkle zucchini halves with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini halves in skillet and sauté until tender, but still crisp, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove zucchini halves from skillet and set aside.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot and the remaining salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, garlic cheese, basil and the reserved zucchini pulp; toss to combine.
- Divide the filling among the zucchini boats and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 stuffed zucchini half
PER SERVING: 70 calories; 3 g fat; 7 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber