1 bag (12 oz) frozen vegetable stir-fry
1 Tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp onion, minced (or ½ Tbsp dried)
1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 egg white, lightly beaten (or substitute liquid egg white)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
12 oz beef flank steak, sliced into thin strips
3 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
1/2 C orange juice
1 Tbsp dry sherry (optional)
1. Thaw frozen vegetables in the microwave (or place entire bag in a bowl of hot water for about
10 minutes). Set aside until step 7.
2. Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan.
3. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and stir fry until tender
but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Put egg white in one bowl and cornstarch in another.
Dip steak strips into egg white and then coat with
5. Add steak strips to pan and continue to stir fry until
steak strips are lightly browned, about 5–8 minutes.
6. Add Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and
sherry (optional), and bring to a boil over high heat.
Immediately lower temperature to a gentle simmer.
7. Add the thawed vegetables and mix gently.
Simmer until vegetables are heated through, about
8. Divide mixture into four equal portions (about 2 cups
each) and serve.
Makes 4 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 261 Calories; 9g Fat; 23g Protein; 23g Carbs; 3g Fiber; 28mg Cholesterol;