Do you enjoy stuffed chicken breasts? Well you should take a peek at this recipe
Woah! What is that?
That, my friend, is a picture of a delicious stuffed chicken breast that you can make if you follow this recipe. Not only are they perfect for a low carb meal, but pairing them with a salad will create a first class low carb meal!
Why Should I Make This?
The bigger question is why shouldn’t you make this? Whether you are eating alone (it happens even to the best of us) or are having a get together with your buds, you simply can’t go wrong with stuffed chicken breasts. Especially if they happen to be stuffed with spinach and pepper jack cheese.
Hey, Wait A Second- It Has Spinach In It?!
But I Hate Spinach!
Didn’t your Mama ever tell you that spinach is good for you? I know mine did, and I also know she was always right! So take a hint from Skinny Mama and give it a try, cuz you won’t regret it in this recipe!
* 1 Lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless
* 4 Oz pepper jack cheese shredded
* 1 Cup frozen spinach thawed and drained (I use fresh cooked spinach)
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1 Tbsp bread crumbs (I like Italian style)
* 1 Tsp cajun seasoning
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Flatten chicken until it is 1/4 inch thick.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese and spinach (feel free to add salt and pepper to taste).
4. Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
5. Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
6. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.
7. Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil and sprinkle it with the Cajun seasoning mixture until evenly covered.
8. You can sprinkle any remaining cheese and spinach on the chicken if you wish.
9. Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup).
10. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
11. Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving!
Make sure to count the toothpicks before and after so nobody finds one by surprise while eating ?