Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 6 shrimp |Calories: 223| Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 278 mg | Sodium: 325 mg | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 30 g |
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it really spicy)
- 2 dozen raw shrimp, peeled, tails on, deveined (tails off optional)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, fat-free
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the shrimp. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pink in color. Remove shrimp and set aside. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, sauté for one minute.
Remove the skillet, add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Place the skillet back on the burner, add broth and cook until the desired thickness has been reached. Add parsley, return shrimp to skillet and toss to coat. Remove from heat and serve.
Serve over quinoa, rice, or your favorite whole grain.