To Make this Recipe You’ll Need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green chilies, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the pork; cook and stir just until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place the meat in a 4 quart slow cooker. Pour the enchilada sauce over the meat. Top with the hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Pour in enough water to fill the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the cilantro and salt. Cook on Low for 30 minutes more.