- 1 cup onion, finely chopped (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup green salsa
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) white hominy, rinsed and drained
For the garnishes, any or all of the following are great:
- Shredded cabbage
- Shredded jicama
- Slivered radishes
- Chopped onion
- Chopped avocado
- Chopped tomato
- Lime wedges
- Stir together the onion, salsa, stock, chicken and hominy in a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve hot with optional garnishes.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1-3/4 cups): 174 calories, 4 g fat, 16 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.