Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: Heaping ¾ cup
- 1 (3-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup 100% apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- mini buns for sliders
- Stubb’s® Original All-Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce, as desired
- *Optional ingredients are not included in nutrition calculations.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the dry rub ingredients.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels, and cut the loin into 3-4 large pieces. That will speed up cooking time and make the pork more manageable to shred.
- Pour the dry rub onto a baking sheet or large bowl, and coat the pork in it, making sure to cover all sides.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker and pour in the apple cider vinegar and apple juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, or until the pork is fork-tender.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked pork from the slow cooker onto a cutting board or baking sheet and shred with two forks.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large mixing bowl and pour the liquid out of the slow cooker; do not discard.
- Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker with ¼ cup-½ cup of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Serve with an optional bun and Stubb’s® Original All-Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce, as desired.
Per Serving: Heaping ¾ cup
Calories from fat: 28
Saturated Fat: 1g