3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
75 M&M’s, I bought a large bag of Valentine’s Day red, pink and white M&M’s, see shopping tip
1 tablespoon pink or red sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2. In an electric mixer or large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. It should look like marshmallow cream. Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until glossy and smooth.
3. Drop the batter by a rounded teaspoon size onto the pan. It’s ok to place close together as they don’t spread much.
4. Press 1 M&M candy into each and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. You should only use a small pinch for each.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Turn off oven and do not open door. Allow to cool in the oven for at least 3 hours. No peaking! They can stay in the unopened oven overnight, if desired.
6. Store in an airtight container and these kisses will keep for several weeks.
Makes 75 kisses
for 1 kiss including 1 M&M and a pinch of colored sugar
0.1g sat fat