Serving Size: 1/5 recipe (about 6 oz chicken)
Nutritional Info: 180.1 calories, 6.5g of fat, 2.1g carbohydrates, .4g dietary fiber, 28.2g of protein
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour flour
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (you can also use all regular)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, and white vinegar together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, toss the chicken with salt, pepper, and flour.
- In a large pan (make sure it’s oven safe) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken in one layer. Cook for three minutes on one side until seared and then flip and cook for another three minutes on the other side.
- Turn off the heat and pour the chicken stock mixture over the chicken, stirring to combine.
- Place the entire pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Then toss the chicken with sesame seeds and serve.