Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars – a quick & easy, no bake, old fashioned favourite with marshmallows suspended in a luscious combination of peanut butter and chocolate; with the crunch of roasted peanuts too, if you like.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (250g or 10 oz)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened or sweetened coconut (optional)
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan and line with parchment paper. You can dust the bottom with 1/4 cup of the coconut if you are using it.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter together, then melt in the chocolate chips. As soon as the chocolate chips are melted, take it off the heat. You do not want to overheat this mixture.
- Add the marshmallows and peanuts to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and fold until the marshmallows are all covered in the chocolate mixture.
- Spread into the prepared pan and sprinkle the other 1/4 cup of dried coconut on top if you are using it.
- Chill for 3-4 hours before cutting into squares or bars. I find that a serrated bread knife works well.
- Store in airtight containers. These will freeze quite well.