- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tbsp light butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5-6 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup fresh sage leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a large, oven safe pot (like a Dutch oven) over medium high heat, and melt the butter. Salt and pepper the chicken generously, then place in the pot, and to brown on each side (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Remove pot from heat. Add in the remaining ingredients, cover with a lid, and place in the oven, and cook until chicken is cooked through and is moist and tender, about 40 minutes.
This dish is great with chicken thighs in place of, or in addition to, the chicken breasts. Just remember to factor in an extra Point or two. 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken with sauce
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 5g fat; 4g carbohydrates; 35g protein; 0g fiber