Have a low carb taco night with these cheese taco shells made from baked cheddar cheese formed into the shape of a taco!
- ½ lb. Ground Beef
- ½ lb Ground Chorizo
- ½ packet Taco seasoning
- 1 can RO*TEL
- Salt to taste
- 2 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toppings for taco: Sour cream, avocado, cheese, lettuce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 2-3oz piles of cheese 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes one layer.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 2-3 minutes then lift it up and place it over the handle of a spoon or other utensil that is balanced on two cups.
- Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- While you continue to bake your cheese taco shells place the ground beef and ground chorizo in a skillet over medium high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the meat and then add the can of RO*TEL and half of a packet of taco seasoning.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then salt to taste.
- Add meat to taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.