All you need is a handful of ingredients and 20 minutes of your time to make these chewy peanut butter bars topped with a layer of caramel and chocolate ganache. A delicious homemade version of the Whatchamacallit bars!
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 14 oz milk caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 12 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- Line a 13X9” baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease foil and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl add peanut butter, butter and marshmallows. Microwave for about 90 seconds or until marshmallows are puffed. Remove from microwave and stir with spatula until marshmallows are melted. If needed, return to microwave for few more seconds.
- Quickly add in crispy rice and stir until well coated.
- Spoon cereal mixture into bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and the caramels. Microwave until the caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour over the cereal layer.
- In a small saucepan add the heavy cream and sugar. Heat over low flame until the sugar is melted and the cream reaches boiling point.
- Pour over the chopped chocolate, wait few seconds and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel layer.
- Refrigerate the pan for a couple of minutes until the chocolate layer is set.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 24 bars.