We have a daughter that just adores Butter Chicken!! So instead of always going out and paying high restaurant prices I decided to make a Healthy Slow Cooker Butter Chicken at home.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 9 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 oz.) can light coconut milk
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. cayenne, or to taste
- 1 tsp. dried coriander
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1½ tsp Kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. boneness, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in the multi cooker (or a saucepan) on sear. Add the garlic and cook contiuously stirring for about 1 min. Stir in coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, garam masala, cayenne, coriander, paprika, tumeric, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 min. until thorougly mixed. Add in salt and pepper. Add in chicken, stir well. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low. Serve over rice and with naan bread if desired.