Make this easy tomato soup recipe in the crockpot or on the stovetop. The perfect recipe for a rainy day (especially if you pair it with a grilled cheese!)
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano and basil to crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to get rid of any chunks in the soup (or, you can strain out the chunks and process them in a blender and then return them to the pot)
- Add cream and butter and stir well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and serve!