- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- juice and zest from 1/2 a large lemon
- Bring water to a boil, then pour in couscous. Stir, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss couscous, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Drizzle over couscous and toss to combine.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 cup
PER SERVING: 177 calories; 2 g fat; 33 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 6 g fiber