A sweet and spicy spin on this salmon recipe will have your mouth watering.
- 1 ½ lbs salmon, cut into 6 fillets
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tbsp Siracha sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise or Vegenaise
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- To make chili glaze for the salmon, combine chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and 3 garlic cloves. Mix well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and spray with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
- Place salmon on baking sheet, and spoon glaze evenly over each fillet. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While salmon is marinating, make Siracha cream sauce by combining yogurt, mayo, Siracha, lemon juice, salt and remaining garlic clove. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat broiler, and spoon any marinade remaining on baking sheet over salmon fillets. Broil salmon without turning until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
- Serve each salmon fillet with a drizzle of the Siracha cream sauce and garnish with green onions.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 salmon fillet with Siracha cream Sauce
PER SERVING: 248 calories; 5.5g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 23g protein; 0g fiber